Haines Pass Adventure
A very unique and diverse ecosystem.
The Haines Pass is one of the most beautiful and scenically diverse areas in Canada. Enjoy the best of both worlds by settling in at our base camp located on the Blanchard River close to the Haines Summit. Spend your days rafting, hiking or fishing and return in the evenings to our camp where you can relax while surrounded by spectacular mountain views.
Located in the southwest corner of the Yukon, the scenery on Haines Pass consists rolling hills, backed by the majestic peaks of the St. Elias Range. You can see Mt. Hubbard and Kennedy (14,000 ft) located in famous Kluane National Park. The Haines Summit is above tree line, mountains and glaciers surround you, and it is an ideal hiking terrain. Many lakes and streams dot the landscape. The area is home to the largest grizzly population in Canada.
Hike 152 miles
Evenings can be spent either relaxing at camp or fishing the lakes and rivers of the area.
This trip is designed to offer the best of all the Yukon has to offer; great hikes, whitewater, scenery, fishing and the potential to learn canoeing, kayaking and rafting skills.
All summer long departures for a group of 4 or more
Below is a list of the different trips we offer on Haines Pass.
- Tatshenshini River: Day rafting trip fun for everybody. Visit day trips.
Cost: $ 135.00 per person. Ask for group rates. Best, June to late August.
- Bear Flat to Dalton Post: Fun 2 days rafting trip. Overnight on the river.
Cost: $ 230 per person. Best, June to mid September.
- Dalton Post to Squaw Creek: Day trip. Fun whitewater. The hike out is 5 hrs.
Cost: $ 150 per person. Best, June to mid-September.
- Upper Tatshenshini to Dalton Post or kayak the Blanchard, raft the Tatshenshini:
Day trip.Fun grade III whitewater. June is high, August is low. Cost $ 110 per person, kayak and gear included.
- Takhanne River: Day trip. Fun canyon run, Grade IV, possible to portage. June is high, August is low. Cost: $ 130 per person.
- Upper Blanchard: day trip. 3 hrs hike in. Paddling in the Alpine. Mainly grade II spiked with easy III. Cost: $ 130 per person. Best in high water, June to mid July.
Kayaking the Tatshenshini
Canoeing the Kathleen River
- Upper Kathleen: Day trip. Nice and relaxing. Beautiful scenery, wildlife and fishing. Cost: $ 120 per person. Best June to September.
- Kathleen to Haines Junction: Long Day trip. Grade II + canoeing. 2 portages and lots of sweepers. Cost: $ 130 per person. Best Mid May to September. Maybe canceled in flood.
- Auriol Trail: Refer to Kluane National Park, KNP.
15 km. Day trip.
- Kings Throne: Refer to KNP.
10 kms. Elevation gain 400 m. Very scenic. Mid June to Late September.
- Cottonwood: Refer to KNP. Permit required.
85 kms. 4 to 6 days. Mid June to late September.
- Rock Glacier: Refer to KNP
1.6 kms. Short and sweet. June to October.
- Mush and Bates: Refer to KNP. Permit required.
52 kms to do the whole trail. Day trips available. Mid June to Late September.
Easy to Moderate
- St.Elias: Refer to KNP.
Easy. 7.6 kms. 2 to 4 hrs.
- Mile 152: Steep climb. 2 to 4 hours. Very scenic. Cost $ 50 per person. June to October.
Easy to Moderate.
- Three Guardsmen: Steep climb. Day trip. Fantastic views and lots of goats. Cost: $ 100 per person. June to October.
- Granite Lake: 14 kms one way. Most of the hike is in boreal forest. Very little elevation. Cost: $ 100 per person per day hiking, $ 150 per day biking. Best: June to late October.
- Dalton Trail to mine: 20 kms one way. Most of the hike is on a dirt road. Some creek crossing. Mainly going up hill to the Alpine. Cost: $ 100 per person per day hiking, $ 150 per person per day biking. Best: June to late October.
- Howard Lake: 20 kms one way. Beautiful camping in the Alpine. Cost: $ 100 per person per day hiking, $ 150 per person per day biking. Best June to late October.
- Blanchard Lake: 16 kms one way. Beautiful scenery and Alpine hiking. Possible day hike. Cost: 100 per person per day hiking. $ 150 per person per day biking. Best June to late October.
Easy to Moderate.
- Kelsall Lake: 6 kms one way. Great scenery. Cost $ 100 per person per day hicking, $ 150 per person per day biking. Best June to late October.
- Samuel Glacier: 8 kms of scenic vistas, a classic day hike. Cost: $ 100 per person per day hiking, $ 150 per person per day hiking. Best Mid June to late October.
Easy to moderate.
Biking to Kelsall Lake
Hiking by the Summit
We will provide all logistics, food and transportation.
- Kathleen River: Lake trout, grayling and pike. May to September.
Haines AK: Salmon fishing. We will only provide food and transportation. Permit can be purchased in Haines. When the season opens.
Commercial fishing guide contact:
Dalton Trail Lodge
- Visit Dalton Post or Shawshe and the fish weir: 2 to 4 hrs. an historical and ecological tour of a very scenic area. Cost: $ 50 per person. May to October.
- Haines Junction Visitor Centre: We stop in Haines Junction on the way to our camp.
- Visit Klukshu village: An historic Champagne/Aishihik First Nation fishing village. 2 hours
Minimum of 4 students. From May to September. Call for more information.
- 4 days of canoeing: We will start from basic to level II Canoeing. Cost: $ 490 per person, all equipment included.
- 4 days of kayaking: We will start from basic to level II kayaking. Cost : $ 490 per person. All equipment is included
- 4 days river rescue: We follow the ACA and Rescue Canada programs plus some advanced techniques. Cost: $ 490 per person. All equipment is included
- 4 days of raft guide training: Course on the Tatshenshini River. Cost: $ 490 per person. All equipment is included.
Moderate to Advanced.
- 4 days of wilderness surviving: Course will be in the bush. Cost: $ 450 per person. May to October.
Moderate to advanced
- 4 days of combo instructions. Build your own course to suit the skills you want to acquire.
Call us to discuss your plans: 867 633 2742.
Food and Lodging:
We charge $ 25 per day per person for food. All our guides are excellent cooks.
1. Stay in our camp and tent. Washroom, sauna and cooking facilities are available
2. We supply tents and all camping facilities for $ 25 per day based on 2 persons occupancy
3. Rent a cabin: $ 45 per day based on double occupancy.
4. Stay at Kathleen Lake Lodge: We will transport you daily to your activity for $ 50 per day.
Easy: No experience required. Moderate fitness Level. Good for relaxation and beginners.
Moderate: Some wilderness experience required. Moderate to good fitness level. Capable of carrying a 20 lbs pack for 10 kms. Willing to cope with unexpected adventures.
Advanced: Wilderness experience required. Good fitness level. Elements of risks and isolation. More physically and emotionally demanding.